RE: [RC] 100's - elevators/de-elevators - Alison Farrin

But you paid to enter the 100, so the ride manager's cost is covered.

Again, the premise is encouraging someone to do a 100. If you give them the
opportunity to try harder, without penalizing them for their completed miles,
how are you hurting anyone?

Steph did a good job of putting into words how I feel about pulling as well.  I
HATE doing "expensive training rides".  I won't compromise my horse's health
and I'm going to pull when warranted, but like Steph, I'm still rehashing pulls
from 2 years ago!

WHY is giving credit for 50 a bad precedent, if the whole point is to extend
the opportunity to ride for 100?  I can see the argument of sliding down the
slippery slope to giving credit for 25 etc., but it doesn't wash, as anything
under 50 isn't endurance mileage in any event.  WHY do we have to mandate that
"you pays your nickel and you takes your chances?"  Give me reasons WHY this is
a bad idea?  I can't think of any.

Alison A. Farrin