[RC] FreeForm saddle - sandy . l . holder

Hi Tiffany,

I saw your e-mail and thought I'd respond.  The FreeForm, unlike a lot of other treeless saddles that I saw, isn't just leather on their back.  It actually is injection molded foam (very firm) with a removable seat that has a bar in the pommel which helps keep it above the withers.  The stirrups are attached across the back via velcro but distribute the weight from basically where the stirrup irons on a treed saddle would fit, over the top and to the other side.  So the weight is pretty distributed.

By the way, I bought and paid for mine.  I don't have any relationship with any of the FreeForm folks (implied or otherwise) but just had a terrible start to last year at Twenty Mule Team when I couldn't ride after driving 6.5 hours because the pre-ride showed that my custom made saddle (the 4th in the line and ~$3500 at that point after 2 refittings) had made his back a little tender.  That saddle hasn't been returned to me by the saddle maker (he returned once, we tried it out, still had a large dry spot, I sent it back) but that's another story.  I can tell you who NOT to buy a custom made saddle from in the Sebastopol area (no names here) or you could try for free the FreeForm.  Like everything, it has it's plus/minus factors but to me, being able to use it on all my ponies and have a great response from them is golden.

I don't mean to be preaching here, I'm just finally at a better place with my horses. . .

Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.