[RC] A sad story for AERC and then some - Susan

You're right Diana.  He'll sink his own boat.

There is a new rider in my region...at least she's new to endurance.  Her horse can certainly move down the trail...for a while.  Then, she has to slow down.  Good for her for slowing down; bad for her for not pacing better.

My problem with her?  She's so danged rude I am going to speak to her about it.  I let her rudeness pass at our first ride together.  However, at the second ride, her rudeness got me.  We had to hole-punch a card and since I was the first one, I offered to punch everyone's.  After handing her card back to her she says, "I'm going to go ahead and pass you now."  No "thank you" just "I'm going to pass you".  I let her go on and got ahead of her in the vet check when her horse couldn't recover. (grrrrr!)

Then there were the two riders who were racing and just HAD to race out of the vet check.  The 50 front-runners were together and were vetting through at this time. (sigh)  I'm going to speak to the one rider I know.  That dog just don't hunt!

Manners should be as much of the education as conditioning.

Diana Peterson <diana2507@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Geezhhh...people ...what are you all so upset about...this guy will not make
it thru the first vetcheck if he rides like that. ....problem solved,
horse saved and he is off his "high horse ".

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)