Re: [RC] A sad story for AERC - DVeritas

In a message dated 1/9/2006 8:09:10 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, iceisit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
...... and shame any newbies that don't know any better

Sorry, as a Newbie, I stopped reading at this point.
I don't get it, Fay.  CLEARLY when the writer referred to "any newbies THAT DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER"  he was speaking to individuals without experience in the "racing" of horses who thought they'd race an inexperienced horse over some distance without benefit of the major pool of information now available on the web, through organizations, etc. which relates programs on how to do it with undue degradation or danger to the horse.

My take was that the "newbie" mentioned seemed to be playing some kind of game in the chat proffered.

Since when did being a "newbie" start to have a negative connotation? (since that seemed to be the word you focused on in your post, and not the word "shame")
And, when does a "newbie" (to the sport of endurance riding") STOP having a negative connotation, if there is one?

An oldie but (hopefully) not a "too" oldie to remember having been a "newbie",
   Frank