Re: [RC] build a 100 mile horse - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Personally, I want one with tons of heart.  I mean, I want one that will go  down the trails by themselves in the dark.  Even if they are a little tired. WITHOUT any urging.  I never have to crop, cluck to, or push them. That will wear you out worse than anything else on the trail....having to drive and push a horse.  My mares can and will do that, and have proven it to me time and time again.  I do have one little gelding that is made up of ALL heart.  He has more than 10 horses put together.  That's the quality I want, besides all the obvious ones of stride, build, feet, etc.

Jody and the girls

Karla Watson <karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So if you could build a 100 mile horse, or buy a potential 100 mile horse, what qualities do you look for? What qualities does your 100 mile horse have that they should be born with?
--------Karla Watson/Oregon

Yahoo! Photos