[RC] How Did I Get Bucked Off? - Pvan19

Haha! Howard I so much recognised this!!!

On a more serious note, apply 'big bag of potatoes' stratagem which also works for spooks, jigging etc etc - to ride out bucks, sit really deep, weight in heels, shoulders back & get the horse moving forwards with the head UP (not pc but in him or me situations I kick him on & yank up his head, seriously! If kicking doesn't work, use your whip behind your leg)

I wouldn't worry too much about why the horse bucked - maybe he was just really happy!!
From:     Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   How Did I Get Bucked Off?

Please Reply to: Howard Bramhall howard9732@xxxxxxx or=
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Questions--

1.  What is your favorite way for riding out bucks (body=
position)?

If you mean what is my favorite way for riding out being bucked=
off a horse, it is airborne.  I love to start out upward,=
towards the Heavens, which not only brings me closer to the=
Lord, but, also, lets me spin in the air, pretending to be in=
the circus once again, backward flips, forward somersaults, the=
choices are endless as long as we are going up, up, up.  This=
gives one plenty of time to plan for a successful landing.

2) How do you tell if a horse will keep on bucking or settle=
down?

One must ask the horse, personally.  "Do you plan on continuing=
this behavior or is this just some sort of temporary setback?" =
You should try and find out the answer to this question before=
proceeding on with your next session.

3) What is your favorite way to stop bucking?

9MM.  Easy to carry, rarely misfires, and gets one's point across=
very quickly.

4) Should I have gotten back on Miles immediately?

This depends on how much fun you had while being dismounted.  I,=
for one, enjoy it immensely, so, personally, I would have hopped=
right back on.  But, hey, that's just me, you really have to=
find out if you enjoy things like a) pain, b) missed work due to=
"a" and c)how effective your medical plan really is.

5) Why Me, God/dess? Does the fact that Miles never bucked before=
mean that I did something specifically wrong during the ask for="">lower gear? I am pretty balanced w/ minimal rein contact, but I=
definitely don't ride as well as his owner. Do you think he was=
resentful about that? I also know from my training in equine=
assisted psychotherapy that horses act out riders'/handlers'=
pent up =93stuff=94 (hmmmm...probably N/A here) or in/authenticity=
(hmmmm....could be), or...[your favorite theory HERE].

Why me?  Very good question.  Maybe, because you were there. =
Miles may not really hate you (equine psych 101), he just may=
find you occasionally annoying or a minor irritant and he was=
overreacting a bit.  Some horses are like that.  My theory is,=
ask Miles.  Just come right out and ask him what the problem may=
be.  His answer might surprise you.

cya,
Howard (no, I'm not drunk)