Re: [RC] how did i get bucked off? advice - SturmRanch

I confess I haven't followed this entire strain, so maybe someone has suggested this, but the old cowboys who were my first teachers in the 60's claimed that a horse couldn't buck if he had a curve in his spine, and they would pull his head with one rein around to one side, having the horse circle.

When I had time to use this, it seems to work to stop the buck, especially with starting colts.  My experience with an occassional rodeo over the years offered up by "trained" horses was that I didn't feel the chute open and didn't get even close to 8 seconds.

Nancy Sturm