[RC] Helping/Merryben - DVeritas

In a message dated 5/13/2006 12:41:59 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, bandipops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
thanks to everybody who tried to help.  I’m sure you all helped more people than just the original poster
    Oh, I happen to think that when Merryben wrote:  Why is it that people will try a sport where their horse can die without preparing for it and at least being familiar with the rules.  You need to read the rules before entering a ride, even with a mentor.

She was offering the truest kind of help to new riders, i.e., reiterating that YOU are responsible for your horse, that YOU are responsible for knowing what you're getting into and getting your horse into, and that recognizing these things are just the FIRST step to "finding the right trail".

Endurance is not a sport for mealy-mouthed, half-steppers.
If you're going to step up and bring your horse along, Merryben's sentiments are a good place to start.

Too often, people get themselves and their horses into a predicament on the endurance trail and discover that it can be a life-taker, for the rider or the horse.

Prepare in every way, including reading the rules, and then GO HAVE FUN.

Frank Solano
8422