[RC] new toys - agilbxr

I bought my first heartrate monitor this week, and got it yesterday in the mail. I've never used one before, but I like toys, so of course, I wanted one.  So, when I got a nice bonus at work, I splurged and bought myself the very basic V-max heart rate monitor.  I was quite annoyed at them yesterday because my boyfriend brought it with him to pick me up from work, and I was all excited about being able to play with it before we fed the nags.  But the user manual was a CD!!!!  How am I supposed to figure out where the electrodes go from a CD at that barn????  Whatever happened to a good, old fasioned, paper user manual.  Sigh...

Needless to say, I got over my annoyance pretty quick, and went home to read up aon how to use my new toy.  I took Alpine out for a mile and a half juant tonight to test it out.  I am so ashamed now.  My horse is not only out of shape (which I knew), but very out of shape. No wonder the University vet was yelling at me.  Granted, Alpine was off for 6 months healing that bowed tendon, and he was rehabbing with a friend of mine who thought my paso should look like her quarter horses, but geez.  He was walking at anywhere between 85bpm to 100bpm (relaxed.  Spooking got up to 135bpm).  I did one slow-med corto...maybe 6 mph or so, he was at 163bpm...quite steadily.  We walked into the barn at about 110, and was down to 55 in less than 2 minutes of stopping.

I used to have a fit paso.  I now see I really have my work cut out for me.  On the otherhand, I do like my new toy, but I'm going to have to get one of those terrycloth things for the reciever.  It makes my wrist sweat and is kind of annoying.

Juli and the herd
Alpine (what do you mean, diet and exercise????)
Spot (She hasn't tried it me yet.  I think I'm happy about that)
Merlin (I am a baby.  My heart is just fine, thanks)