From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laney Humphrey
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 11:02 AM
To: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ride Camp
Subject: Re: [RC] anybody know the answer to this?

I agree with everything you said, except that the newbie said
she was told by the park ranger that the trails are open to
one and all during the ride and that if non entrants fill up
the parking area first, ride entrants have to park elsewhere.
 I'm betting that's not how it really is, but they do thangs
diffrunt down thar in Texas (great big giant wink!!!) Laney

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Per AERC rules, an unentered pace horse is not allowed.

As for the ride being on public land, sorry, but that dog
don't hunt
either.  The ride manager has a specific permit for those
trails for
that day, and as such, has every right to insist that
unentered horses
not be out there.  Think of it as being like a public
campground--if
all the spaces are full, the campground host can turn people away,
even though it is "public."  As Angie pointed out, there
are also some
serious liability issues.

Tell the newbie that the friend either pays an entry fee or
"supports"
her as a pit crew from the ground.