[RC] How do your endurance horses live? - Suzy Ticer

We have about 3 areas fences for our two horses with trees for shade and wind blocks, but no barn or shelter. The pasture is located at the back or our property and at the bottom of a hill that blocks most of the north wind in the winter. We live in Central Texas, so there is really no need for a barn as far as I am concerned. They have free access hay, and are grained twice a day.

We ride on the side of the roads around our house. We have loops of 10, 12, and 15 miles, with plenty of hills. I love being able to walk the horses to the garage (read tack room), saddle them up, and off we go. I let my mom or my husband (if he is not riding) know what loop I am doing, and when I will be back. I does get a little boring at times, but I know I wouldn't want to trailer to train.

We have not been able to go to many rides this year, with the price of gas and hay, and John having neck surgery. I really miss the rides, the friends and camping out. I am keeping both horses trained and ready to go when we finally can get to a ride. Hopefully we can make it to Old Glory, the closest ride to our house. I have been riding Toby a lot and really loving it, Nicole, our daughter has been riding my horse Kidd. Toby is such an awesome horse, I am seriously thinking of looking for faster horse for me to ride or if I can possibly talk John into a new horse and I ride Toby! Like that will ever happen.

--
Suzy Ticer
Johnson City, Texas