Re: [RC] Pads for treeless saddles - Karen L.

Sarah,

Your best bet is to call or e-mail Tom at Skito directly (phone:  800 292 6442 or use the e-mail form at http://carouseltights.com/prod01.htm).  I just got my second skito (loved the first but needed a different style for a new Tucker saddle).  I was having saddle fit issues with my formerly perfectly fitting Tucker endurance saddle.  As my horse got more fit, he started getting large dry spots below the withers because the Tucker was getting too wide.  I called Tom and e-mailed him pictures of my horse's back.  I also requested a slightly longer pad so my snugpack would be on the pad.  I can afford extra length since my horse is 1/2 Arab and 1/2 Saddlebred and so has a longer back than most pure Arabs.  Tom sent me the perfect skito and the dry spots are completely gone!!!  I rode my horse two back to back 25 mile rides at Chicken Chase and his back was perfect.  Its nice to have the vets reinforcing that the saddle fits and the pad is working great!  Tom also helped me before with shims when my first saddle was temporarily too wide through the shoulder for my narrow, young gelding.  My horse grew out of the shims pretty quick and then the skito worked great all by itself.  And no, I have no relationship with Skito other than as a very satisfied customer.
Call Tom and tell him what you told us.  I am sure he will be able to help you like he has helped me.

Karen Lynd

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Sarah Sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for all the great info everyone! This list has been so helpful to me, a lowly trail rider. Thanks!

Would a Skito pad be good for regular treed saddles as well? Can anyone tell me what type of Skito pad I would need for a Bob Marshall. More info: I'm 5'7" 160 lbs, ride a 14 h Paso Fino with a wide flat back, med withers, and little/no dip in her back, no 'wither pockets' to speak of. I ride around 8-15 miles per ride, sometimes 2-3 X week, and occasionally in rough steep 'make up your own trail' stuff.

Sarah in Durango