From: "Karen Sullivan" <greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mary Ann Spencer" <maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] de spooking/trainers
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 19:18:48 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Mary Ann Spencer
. Parelli training really helps lots of people. If you don't like the coffee, don't drink it. BUT don't throw the cup out with the wash water.
*May Ann, of course good points...and I am not saying there are not some good training techniques or that the progressive program really helps some folks. But I still feel very strongly
that Parelli the showman shows a blatant disregard for safety or sensible horse-handling practices. Some of the stuff he does is downright dangerous, plus no practical application....how is that setting a good example for newbies?

There are much safer guru trainers that don't encourage folks to do risky things. Sorry, I would never reccomend the Parelli systam to a new-to-horses person.

Karen