Re: [RC] Strongid C and Colic...whatevery happened to Angies' ? - rdcarrie

I'm not sure if any definitive answer came out.  However, I do remember quite a while back that Heidi Smith mentioned that she'd seen a number of endurance horses colic that were on Strongid C, and the type of colic they had was anterior enteritis, if I remember correctly.  She felt that there may be a connection, that the incidence of this type of colic in horses on Strongid C was too high to be a coincidence.  Heidi??

Dawn in East Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: Jody Rogers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:45:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [RC] Strongid C and Colic...whatevery happened to Angies' ?

I may have missed it, since I am in a class this week and having to hop on the computer on breaks, but did we get the answer to Angie's question about the relationship to Strongid C and colic in endurance horses?????

Lucky6mule@xxxxxxx wrote:
I had a TB mare that had  a bit of lg intestine removed when she was about4-5 years old-----19 now. Hasn't coliced since, a polo career & 7 babies later....

Marirose & Mules: Nellie, Noodle & Monty in MI
& Ripley, everybodies mommy