[RC] Re: [RC]?? colic and surgery - Marinera

I would have to agree with Mike in regard to colic surgery. My horse, T+Bravo, now 24 years old, completed 4,100 endurance miles following colic surgery when he was 9 years old. Retired from endurance, he is now ridden approximately 4 times a week and appears to be in perfect health.

It was my understanding (I bought him after the surgery) that he had a twisted gut which they untwisted without having to cut into the intestines. In the 15 years I have owned him he showed colic symptoms (pawing, etc.) only once and that was resolved with some banamine, oiling and walking.
Wouldn't it be nice if all colics could be resolved that easily. Julie Suhr