[RC] showing for BC - roxanne kopp

I just posted about the Derby Dash this past weekend but have a question on BC.  This is the second ride this year I have placed in the top ten and had the opportunity to show for Best Condition.  I have no experience with it and I'm sure it shows.  Here is what I do and I'm looking for advice and pointers from anyone who would care to share their experience.  After vetting for the completion here is what I have done both times:  Take Eddie back to trailer and hose all dirt and mud off, walk him around letting him graze while I squeegee water off and let him air dry.  Let graze around 15 minutes, put in pen give soaked beet pulp and grain.  Gather all riding gear and go weigh in.  Come back walk and graze him some more go up at the hour mark for BC judging.  We practice trot outs at home so he does that fine but the circles give us problems.  I know I need to start practicing circles at home, going to the left where I am at his left side is easier than going to the right cause he and I aren't used to that.  Also, just how do you transition from going left to a right circle?  Both times I have stopped after the left circle and switched to his right side and then started up going to the right.  But this seems to stop his momentum and getting him to get back to trotting to the right is not smooth.  By the time we get back to the starting point I know it was not pretty and I want to do a better job.  The time factor and weight factors - well that seems pretty straight forward, but what else do the vets like to see in a horse at the end?  Thanks for any and all imput.

Roxanne / Kentucky