Re: [RC] ride cards - log books - Merryben

In a message dated 5/5/2006 5:39:12 P.M. Central Standard Time, splitterscreek@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Years ago I found having cards was a pain, much easier to misplace.  The log book system seems to work well here - would it be an option in the U.S.?
We have discussed this for years and most people are against it.  I think a lot of it is that it "seems" too complicated.  Also, there are those few who don't want the vets to know that there horse was pulled from a ride a week ago.
When June (I can't for the life of me remember her last name) and her friend were here from Australia,they showed me the cards and explained how they worked.  I had also seen the cards years ago when the Australian team came for the first North American Championship.  I, for one, think it is a good system.  I also like the system in England where you have to start on shorter rides and then move up.  I have a friend who moved to England and she had ridden here a lot and she still had to start at the bottom and qualify in England.

That being said, I don't think there is a chance that it will EVER happen here which is probably too bad...................mb