Re: [RC] Joint Supplements as a Preventative Measure for a Sound Horse? - Amy

I'll throw some more out there on this, again, I am not a vet just really
interested in natural health.  I have a dog, Pip, who has elbow dysplasia,
she's only 3yrs old and had on and off elbow pain when I got her at around
6mo old.  I had her on a joint supplement and she still limped some.  When I
was researching what to feed and supplement my horses with, I decided to
give them ACV, Vit C and kelp as they seemed to cover the issues I was
having with my horses.  Mostly skin problems, went through a horrible winter
of skin issues and then my poor morgan would always have bad sweet itch in
the summer and a cough from allergies.

Then I figured, hey, a couple of my dogs have allergies which leads to skin
issues and maybe they'd do well on the above mix, so started giving it to
them.  Pip's limping went totally away and when I ran out of her joint
supplement, I didn't replace it just to see how she'd do without it.  Pip is
a 100mph dog, always on the go, incredibly rough, jumping, leaping, adhd (at
least we think so :)), really stressful on her joints dog and she's doing
awesome.  I cannot remember the last time she limped, am more impressed with
this mix than I was with the joint supplement!  And no more skin issues with
her or my other guy with allergies, their coats are the best they've ever
been.  Best part is these are pretty cheap supplements too!

Anyhow, just thought I'd share in case it helps someone.  Side effects of
ACV and Vit C are loose stools at large doses.  Kelp (iodine) is pretty
important not to overdo though and lots of vitamin/mineral supps might have
that aspect covered.  I also have a friend who loves his MSM, didn't find
much help from the glucosamine, but moves much easier with his MSM.

Amy