RE: [RC] heated waterers - heidi

I'm not Ed, nor do I know if he's the one who recommended the waterers with the paddles, but since you mention Brower waterers, I'll tell you that our weather gets down to -25F, this past winter we had a 2-week period where the HIGH temp was about 0F, and our Browers came through with flying colors, patiently providing 50F water to our entire broodband, our geldings, and our babies.  As I popped ice out of tubs for the stallions and dragged and drained hoses twice a day for them during the worst of it (only once a day when it settled down into getting up into the teens and 20s into the daytime), I swore that they, too, would have Browers before next winter.

We looked at Ritchies, and then found the Browers, which seem to be every bit as good for less money, and we're very happy with them.  Ours have gone through at least three winters now, with no maintenance.

I would be very leery of getting any waterer with a paddle in either freezing weather or hot sunny weather.  Maybe in Seattle....

Heidi

Ed, weren't you the person who recommended Bar Bar A horse waterers?  I had
been interested in the Brower (sp?) waterers, but Bar Bar A sucked me in
with hype about no standing water, no mosquitoes.

Anyway, it does freeze here in winter and apparently, the paddle the horses
have to push is aluminum.  I would think that would put the horses off since
it would get extremely cold in winter.

Do you live in a climate with freezing winters?  What's been your
experience?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=