Fwd: [RC] Rapid Pulse Recovery/Real Data - STELLERIDE

--- Begin Message ---
Depending on which race track from 60% to 90% of the race horses have ulcers, (during exercise gastric fluids from the secondary stomach slosh up into the first stomach where there isn't the protective stomach lining.  This gives the horse some pain irritating the ulcers)  One of our horses had ulcers so the more he ran the more the pain the slower he pulsed down to the point towards the end of the ride he would not meet criteria.  Once he was put on gastroguard the ulcers disappeared and this horse then went on to win the Bighorn 100 and won both of his 50ties this year.  The point is metabolically he was always very fit. It was the pain from the ulcers that kept him from pulsing down. I understand the FEI allows medicinal tratment of ulcers during a ride for the comfort of the horse but our AERC does not but wants ulcer treatment discontinued two days before the ride.  In this case I believe our AERC is illogical  Bob Steller

--- End Message ---