[RC] Riding Alone - WRSINOSKY

Nancy Sturm wrote:

I ride alone.? I LOVE to ride alone.? My friend's husband has asked her not
to and she honors that.? It's a personal choice.? I also drive alone, hike
alone, used to run and cycle alone.? There are risks to getting up and stepping
outside the door each morning.? We each have to choose the risks that we are
willing to accept.

I'm in total agreement with her.  I also prefer to do things alone. It sometimes frightens my ol' man because alot of the places I ride, I can't get a signal on my cell phone. Guess if Doimas ever really messes me up, I'll have to crawl up a mountain for the signal to call home.  As it is, I've given up trying to tell my husband where I'm going. Heck!  I continually change my mind while out riding and can be practically anywhere. It is very rocky and hilly where I live, so people would have a heck of a time finding me.  And then I never know whether Doimas "feels" like staying or going home without me.

It's just alot easier in my mind to do things alone. Then I don't have to worry about someone else...whether their bored, want to stop here or there on a long drive to the next endurance ride, etc.  Doimas and Sebastian are really about being alone, which is very strange since we ride alone all the time.  But when I take them to an AERC ride, both of them will practically kill us trying to get to that rider up ahead. And Sebastian won't drink or eat unless I tie him next to a horse, preferably Natalie's mare, Moah.  Doimas'll eat and drink, but is quite exciting in his efforts to "catch up".

With my first 50 coming up I probably could use a mentor to help get me thru it. But if I don't have one, I'm sure we'll do fine since I take all suggestions to heart from this group.

cindy edwards
buckeye, az