Re: [RC] Drafting - any gain? - Sisu West Ranch

Louise Reidel was one of the most artful trail blockers around.  She always wanted to be first in a group into a CTR vet check, because you end up with a lot less standing around.  If you came up behind her a few miles from the check, she would "loose control" of the "Bitch Mare:" (her words not mine), and it would wander back and forth on the trail effectively blocking it.  Because placing in CTR does not hinge on order of arrival, I always found it amusing.

I am told that she also "lost control" of her horses in a similar manner on endurance rides when she was younger.

Ed

PS.  I liked Louise a lot and we got along good.  I think most Midwest riders, at least as she got older, just considered this to be an eccentricity earned by her stellar record and age.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640