From: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC]   Securing Horses
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:33:43 -0700

Angie said:
So I got up and walked down there and in my best teacher voice said,"Hey, put a
rope on that horse before it gets out and gets somebody hurt". They said,
"She's done this before", and I said, "Yeah, well we've had people almost get
get killed before so put a rope on that horse and tie it up.  Oh, and by the
way, I'm a real bitch when I get angry so you just might want to stay away from
me when I'm on the trail or at my campsite.  I shoot loose horses.  Now, get up
out of that chair and put a rope on your horse and do it now!"

Howard said:
I'm sorry, but I think going up and yelling at people you don't know is not the
way to go here.  Even if you don't live in Hillbilly Tennessee, where it pays
to be friendly, it's just not something I'd suggest to anyone as a way to
handle this type of situation.

Gee, who said anything about yelling?  I dunno about where you came from,
Howard, but where I come from, teachers have sufficient authority to get their
point across without yelling.  And I suspect that that's what Angie was
referring to when she said she told them in a "teacher voice...."  In fact,
with really GOOD teachers, when they get REALLY pissed off, they get REALLY
quiet and intense--and then you KNOW you're going to the principal's office,
and it ain't gonna be pretty....

Heidi