[RC] Rideing Alone - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dolly DECair Karahtykids@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have ridden alone 99.9% percent of the time
if I didn't I would never ride. I have had several
calls out of thousands of hours of rideing, this passed
Sunday of riding was one of them, Beautiful Sunday afternoon
riding on a very familer trail part of Prinville Ride, I was
almost to peak of Stllhill the part that if you start at
bottem it conects to main one that finishes the climb to
the top. Just as I was near that point an BIG ATV came dowm
the hill to my horses veiw heaed right for us. We have never
seen one there before.In the blink of an eye from running up
the hill we are running down the hill. Me hanging over side
tell I fell. Knocked wind right out of me.When I could breath
again I was frantic about my horse,Where he would go. After trying to run down
the hill calling his name he called for me
was a glad to hear his big whinny,he was hideing behind some juniper trees not
far unhurt. What a releif, Walked several miles back to rig,I did try to get on
but couldn't. My wrist
is broke and the ribs that were just healing from my accident
last november. I don't think riding with someone would have prevented the
accident as im sure most horses would have reacted the same. We had no warning
as you could not see him till he was on us. But if I had been more serious that
could have made a difference. Will I quit riding alone,I don't think so, The
guy tryed
to tell me he could ride there, To my knowledge No he belonged
on ATV section on the other side of rode, If anyone knows any
different I would like to know. In the mean time I guess I better
practice my MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER skills so I can fly down hill
II agree there is much good riding alone tho as your horse is not depentent on
another and you really bond, Riding with someonis an occasional treat for me.

Dolly DeCair