Re: [RC] pitcrews - Truman Prevatt

The best crew I ever had was when I crewed for Carlos's kid Daniel. Daniel's mother was a mother hen and I swear she worked harder than the riders. We (and the horses) had food, water and electrolytes on the trail. If she could get in with the truck she was there (and the truck showed it ;-) ).

Of course she has accused me many times of "ruining her kid" goading him into a race by saying something like - hey little snot that old gray horse can't run. I was only getting him ready to ride hard since now he plays varsity polo in college ;-) .

Kids especially other peoples' are great. We did hear the other side to Jody's story when Joni didn't ride the last day of the Yellowhammer and hung around camp telling everybody everything. Add to that the fact that Jody's mother was also there enlighten us about Jody in her younger days. You'd have to wonder if Jody and Joni rode the same ride ;-) .

Truman

Jody Rogers-Buttram wrote:

That junior thing only works with someone ELSE'S kids. When you ride with you own kid....the parent/pit crew....waits on the kid and lets you fend for yourself. :))

*/larry Miller <jcmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    One does not have to have a pit crew to do a ride.  All one has to
    do is be organized, make sure hay, grain, beet pulp or whatever,
    water, elytes, food for you, etc is at the vet check.  BUT if one
    has a pit crew to do these things for the rider, the rider is
    blessed.  Pit crews make life so much easier.  Why on earth do you
    think I am so willing to take juniors with me?  Not only do they
    help me on trail but their parents are absolutely the best pit
    crews around!  Jeanie

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. Get it on your phone <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31132/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail>.

--

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." - Bertrand Russell