[RC] Hobbling ! - Dfarnham09

Hello everyone,

Several folks have emailed me privately and asked about my method of hobble breaking. I will answer on ridecamp in the near future...as soon as I have the time to sit down, gather my thougts and type it out...hopefully not leaving out too many important details. I'm very slow with this process  because I've seen some real tragedies happen in hobble breaking...you, know the old "slap them on and let "em fight till they quit" method. I know it works for some, but they are usually dealing with more phlegmatic dispositions or mules. Remember that I did say that we have a barn full of TB's and anglo-arabs. Here, we ask "will you ?" vice "you will !". The hotbloods will do anything you ask and give their all if you explain it clearly and ask politely. Anyway, this method should just be taken as what works for one man. I put all these caveats out because horse and human can really get hurt if hobble breaking is done carelessly and insensitively. I'll probably get this little explanation cranked out tonight.

By the way, my wife agreed that I can post on ridecamp without facing a divorce papers as long as I never mention anything controversial or the "W"  or "R" words again.

Dennis Farnham