[RC] Helldiver Endurance Ride 2006 - Karen Eigler

Sorry all, but we’ve had to cancel the Helldiver Endurance Ride (NW Region, Vancouver Island B.C.) this year for many reasons.

We’ve worked very hard for the past few months trying to gather up the trails as some had been cut off by logging.  Then once we got the permission to actually use some of the trails, we realized that there wouldn’t be enough time to adequately clean up some of the course.  Half of the course is still in good condition, but the top half including Blue Grouse, Helldiver Lake, etc. have been logged quite vastly, and well……….the area looks ghastly!  There were other contributing factors as well, but I think most people who put on rides realize the many obstacles that crop up a couple months prior to a ride.  These were too many to deal with, and so it was decided amongst our group to hold a Fun Ride for locals instead for the many riders in this area who have yet to experience this fantastic sport.

So hopefully those who were planning the big trek up north here to ride will still find alternate plans for June 3rd.  We will be having a fun 22 mile ride, so if some of you are close and still would like to ride for the sheer pleasure of riding new trails, you’re more than welcome.  Please let me know on my personal email.

Again, we’re so sorry to have to cancel, but you know that old saying………..“shit” happens!

Ride safe and hope to see some of you at other rides this summer.

Karen Eigler, RM Helldiver Endurance Ride 2006

Courtenay, BC Canada