[RC] Wind Puffs - Karen, et.al. - DVeritas

For Karen and anyone else interested:

www.horseadvice.com

« Prev
Discussion
Discussion on Wind Puffs
Use navigation bar above to access articles and list of more discussions on this topic.
Next »
Discussion

Author Message
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jo Beasley
Member
Username: Beasley

Post Number: 44
Registered: 8-2002
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 9:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have read the article and some posts concerning wind puffs but remain in the dark about: 1. Do they ever go away? and, 2. Should a leg with wind puffs be wrapped when that horse is worked or does it matter? I realize they are mostly cosmetic, but I'm not sure of the different causes. Any help?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert N. Oglesby DVM
Moderator
Username: Dro

Post Number: 12913
Registered: 1-1997
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 7:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taking the questions in order:
1) usually
2) if it is worsening they should be wrapped

We are currently heavily editing and adding articles on swellings including windpuffs Jo. It should be up this week which should answer your questions on causes.
DrO