[RC] securing horses - Shagyaarabs

Need some advice.  Lost my horses this past week end at the Chicken Chase Ride at Clark St. Forest.  I had a very secure electric pen but horses at 3:30 came through it releasing my three.  My mare took the two geldings out of Bill Wilson's fenced in area through the gate to the trails. Amy did her best to get there first but it is hard to outrun 3 determined horses.  The rest of the excited herd of 12 or so were caught within the field.  On Saturday they were seen about 4 miles into the trail system, dry fork loop.  One was caught and ponied home.  (I don't know who) but thank you so much to take the time to do this.  They were not seen at all on Sunday.  Please contact me if you sight them.

Now to keep this from happening again, my mare must remain at the trailer.  I am considering a hitie system.  The web site seems to be down.  Can anyone explain the difference in the horizontal system and the vertical system.  Do you travel with the rod secured along side the trailer or remove and keep inside?

Does anyone use the tie rite system?  It is quite a bit cheaper.

Daunna Sellers
www.shagya-arabs.com