[RC] [RC] head shaking - Sherman

My mare has just started doing something similar, happens every "pest season". For her it's the gnats, no-seeums, mosquitos, etc. Another mare I keep for a friend, already has sores in her ears from the bugs, and of course she won't let us touch them to apply Swat, so I'll use a spray instead. Hope it's something that simple with your mare.

Kathy

Lovely, kind, easy to ride 8yr old Arab mare suddenly is very unhappy & difficult to ride, continually shaking her head & trying scrach nose on legs only under saddle Do you think something could be in one of her ears? Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this kind of behavior? jvm