RE: [RC] Is my horse off or fit to continue? - Kristen A Fisher

> I understand your point, we shouldn't be out to nit-pick. But
> that doesn't mean we should let things slide at the end, just
> because it is the end either.

The rules do give more latitude at the end of a ride however:

6.2.1 The minimum criteria for the post-finish-line vet check are as
follows. Any ride may adopt more stringent criteria, but these
must be provided to competitors before the ride in written form.
The post-finish-line vet check is where the final criteria for
completion must be met; an equine has not completed the ride
until he has passed this check. The post-finish-line vet check
also serves as a safety check to monitor for late-developing
problems (so that they can be treated if necessary) as well as
extending veterinary control over the last leg of the ride. Because
an equine at the finish line is not, in actuality, going on—
and not going into the wilderness far from veterinary aid—the
standards for completion need not be as strict as those on the
trail,
but they must meet the minimum standards below. See
the Veterinarian’s Handbook for more information.