From: "Ridecamp Guest"
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:51 PM
Subject: [RC] Pacing

Please Reply to: Jamie Jaksch jamieajaksch@xxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been doing CTR for 2 years and just successfully completed my first
AERC 25mile LD. The question I have is, are the top finishers trotting or
cantering more? My horse, a TB, tends to prefer to canter and it seems he
settles in (haven't checked with a heart rate moniter yet). I chose not to
let him canter much on this first ride...mostly maintained an 8mph trot. The
canter is easier for me to ride, too. Just wondering so I can maybe let him
canter more. Thanks!