[RC] Looking for halter class show schools....? - Maryanne Gabbani

I have a young friend of our family (male, roughly 30, and single....just the sort of Egyptian male that 'normal' countries REALLY want to give a visa to....not) who has been training halter show horses for local Arabian breeders and he wants to sharpen his skills and hopefully teach them here in Egypt. His employers are willing to help out financially with his training, so we are all helping him to find a good place to go. Some people have suggested a training situation with one of the bigger trainers in the US. This is a great thought, although naturally it seems to me that if there were a good school for this discipline, it might be better than hoping to learn secrets from someone with a vested interest in keeping them. After all, it reflects well on a school if its graduates do well, while it doesn't always reflect well on a competing shower/trainer to have one of his competitors (trained by him) out do the teacher in the ring.

To this end, does anyone know of any good training programs for halter show horses...if it includes nutrition and excercise and anything else useful even better...pretty much anywhere in the world? Only thing is that the young man in question speaks excellent English and Arabic, and pretty fractured French.

All assistance will be most appreciated.

Maryanne
Cairo