[RC] Easyboot Epics/Bares - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Barbara Middleton jgmiddleton@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

While a few of you are asking questions about the boots, I thought I'd say a
few words.  I've been using the Epics for a few months riding in Colorado with
bare hooves.  I love the boots but the gaiters are not holding up very well.
They have ripped away where the velcro is sewn onto the foam.  This is only
after riding for two months in the Winter and I ride much more in the Summer.
I tried to sew them together but it didn't last very long.  Just before I
noticed them falling apart, I purchased the Bares as soon as they were
available.  Unfortunately, I have noticed a very small spot where it is coming
apart on them.

The good news:  EasyCare is letting me send them back for an exchange for new
ones.  They are the right size so that is not the reason for them falling
apart.  Hopefully EasyCare will be able to learn something from this experience
and try to improve them.  I still intend to use them because I am trying to
keep my horse barefoot and the Easyboots seem like the best boots available
right now.  If anyone knows any that work better please let us know.

Karen:  Do you ever ride without any boots on?  Like when you condition?  I
ride without them quite often because my farrier said that was the only way to
get his hooves tougher for the gravel.  It breaks my heart to ride him over
gravel or when he hits certain rocks.  Ouch!

Anyone else having this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on how to
stop them from falling apart.  I love these boots, especially in the Winter
with the studs in them.

Thanks, Barbara in Colorado Springs