[RC] Ambassador Of The Sport - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Rob Losey jrlosey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ambassador Of The Sport.

A Novice Ride and Distance Clinic is coming up here in Northern Michigan. It's
called Missaukee Madness, on May 20th. Maggie Mieske puts it on. She does a
great job. Introducing Newbies to the sport and telling them what to expect.

My involvement? I'm just a Newbie myself. I just happed to have 80 acres,
beside the state land with miles of great trails and told her she can have it
here.

The will be some Newbies and some experienced riders. The experienced riders
all pitch in to help and make the new folks feel welcome.

What about me? As host I'm get asked question already by some folks who have
never done this, but want to try. Their experience here could make a
difference, if good, a new rider may join the sport, and become part of our
endurance family.

I realized that what I say and do can make a difference. I'm choosing my words
more careful, hoping their first experience will be as great as mine was. A
little less, (smartass), and a little more Ambassador Of The Sport.

This made me stop and think. A lot of new folks first learn of endurance on
ridecamp. I never try to teach what I don't know and I admit I don't know much.
I always try to get someone else who does know the answers when asked a
question. I do know, I love the sport, and how great endurance folks are. I can
talk about that. I'll always try to remember that on any ridecamp post I do in
the future. I'll try to speak as a good Ambassador of the sport.

Rob and Annabelle