[RC] Color Country and Easyboot Bares - Kerry Greear

I recently returned from and recovered from Color Country. This was my first multi-day ride and since I am from South Dakota and my horse had been ridden very little this winter and was sporting a thick coat, I was concerned about completing all three days. When will I learn that my job is to worry and Hawk's job is to just get the job done!!!!Because of two days travel, uncertainly about the conditioning the horses had retained from last year, and the hair, we moved out too slowly in the cool morning of the first day. The horses got pretty hot mid afternoon. We rectified that decision the next two days and the horses got stronger and did better.

I love riding with and traveling with Dorothy Sue Phillips; she inspires me and I learn several things from her every time I am with her. Where would we be without mentors in this sport?

I met other people who added fun to the ride, Karen Chaton thanks! Stan Sandick thanks! This was a ride that definitely called for a couple of St. Pauli girls and l/2 bag of vinegar and salt chips after finishing.

I had not been able to utilize my Easyboot Bares more than three short rides before we left. My horse is a definite 2 on the front but is 1-2 on the back. With the stiffness of putting them on the first three times, I decided to go with the 2s of the back. I should have stuck with the ones. I had one little mishap. I've had two good rides since coming home; and although I don't need hoof protection here, I've used them anyway to try them on different terrain. In my opinion, these boots are awesome. After the initial adjustment and putting them on three to four times, they go on easily/quickly. I have had no rubs, Hawk's feet and legs looked awesome after the 155 miles at Color Country. I think they are well worth the little bit of tweaking of the first couple of uses. Now I am set up for the rest of the year!!!!!

Kerry (Pumped about the 2006 ride year)