Re: [RC] Horse Slaughter - Tiffany D'Virgilio

let me get this straight, a woman who has a 30 year old horse that served her family well, probably rode the kids around, and now instead of paying for euthanasia, will run her through to auction to save a few pennies. When I was working with the AHRN we'd see 35 year old ponies who served their families faithfully, only to be dumped in the feedlot with a horrific trip to texas ahead of them. That's really sad, for me if I'm going to own animals I take care of them until they die. It's one thing to euthanize a horse and another thing to send them into that hell for a few bucks.
Who is that woman sparing the euthanasia on, her or the horse?I have personally picked my horses out of Leonard's feed lot. Did your friend tell you that this mare was likely held in this way before slaughter? Lemme give you a taste. Over 200 horses shoved in a small pen rampant with strangles and every other equine diesease, they get the crap beat out of them over food, and by the time they ship they are so sick with strangles they can hardly stand, packed into a crowded truck trying to no go down under the rush. There are heat, flies, bullies, diseases, etc.
To me this is not the time to save a buck. I'm honored by the service and friendship given to me freely by my horses, the least I can do is see they leave this planet with dignity instead of throwing them away for a few dollars
AHRN.org
Tiffany