Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:22 PM
Subject: [RC] allergy bumps and other seeping things

Is this familiar to anyone?  My gelding has been suffering from bumps which open up and seep fluid, then scab over.  As they heal, they leave a flat open spot which loses hair.  It takes about 3 weeks from bump to hair growing back.

He had one a year for the last 3 years, but this year his right side was covered.  Even his anus, and sheath got some.  These are all cleared up, and now there are 3 more under his chin.

I had the vet out (I am a responsible owner!) and he said allergy to ???something.  Not bugs-too cold.  Not feed-only one side.  Maybe plant-we doubt that.  I think it is related to spring shedding and fall hair growth.

I have him on Cough Free and that seems to help.

FWIW-I live at 4500ft in mainly high desert.  It has been wet wet wet this year.

Any advice or knowledge?

Thanks, Mary (and itchy, bumpy Woodrow)