Re: [RC] [RC] Braiding Manes - Mary Carroll

Sculptured  manes are beautiful!  I have a Polish Arabian whose mane is super thick and long.  I finally got tired of dealing with it and "roached" it.  I cut lots off until it stood straight up.  I trimmed the sides and trimmed the top so it made an arc when his head was a little in front of the vertical.

I also graduated it from side to middle and back to side again.

You cannot cut it all the same length-it has to be graduated to blend with the thickness of the neck.  It looks good is the mane is closer to the neck toward the ears, longer behind where the poll breaks, and then closer as you go down the neck.

Good luck,  have fun!

marec

"I am thinking I should just go for the roached mane, rather then messing around with braids. Is there any special way to do a roached mane ? Scissors, clippers ? how long should it be ?
Thanks.
ps - I love this list - you guys a fun, friendly group. Looking forward to getting to know you all better :-)"

Kristine - MN