[RC] Keeping cool - Tracey Lomax

Title: Keeping cool

Kats post about long manes being cooler got me thinking and I mentioned it to my genius fiancée.  He pointed out that in desert regions, people cover up, they dont strip off, because clothes slow down evaporation, and therefore stop dehydration.

Could this be a factor?

Im also wondering whether the length of the mane is a factorsomeone mentioned that her horse sweats more under the mane, while Kats sweat less.

Im a big one for roaching a mane (but then I dont do endurance) because I just think it looks pretty cool (esp on my TB boys with their big necks).  I just use a pair of scissors and hack..

Regards,

Tracey