Re: [RC] diagonals - sandy . l . holder

Oh yeah!  They had me rotating my arms (straight out, back forward, in circles).  It was fine on my boy out here on the west coast but when I went back to his facility and did it on his stallions and one started bucking. . . she kept saying 'sit up and grab the buck strap. . . and I kept thinking sit up, sit up and the WHAT???

I'm not sure when his next clinic out here is but I'm (painfully) looking forward to it!

Take care!
Sandy

Jody Rogers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx>

04/06/2006 06:20 AM

Sandy L Holder/US/TLS/PwC@Americas-US, rides2far@xxxxxxxx
cc
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [RC]   diagonals

I can relate to that !!!   I had many a lesson riding with no stirrups, while on the flat and jumping.  Talk about strengthening those legs....They didn't take our reins away though....that would be tough.  Oh, but we did have to hold our arms out to the side, and just drop them.

Jody

sandy.l.holder@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Last year before Tevis I took a final series of dressage lessons from an exceptional instructor (www.sonsofthewindfarm.com - he comes to the west coast quarterly).  He asked me what I wanted to work on and I said I wanted to work on balance.

He promptly took away my stirrups. . . and then took away my reins (he said I was trying to hold on with the reins). . . and then he took away the lunge line that was attached to my horse!!!!!  Posting without stirrups was really hard but after 4 days of work, I was cantering in a 30 meter circle (the width of the arena) with NOTHING!  Balance, balance, balance.  If you ever think a horse is one sided or not, make sure YOU'RE not!

. . .of course Tevis was a breeze after all THAT work!

Sandy

p.s. I'll be practicing this A LOT on my greenie while my lover boy Tally is 'resting up'.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.

n"iǬj{,znz)ߢ*'hb)zw^v+z(ޞح0'!جikzuݙ{Zw(z{bjVw+WyٚjP'ʷ+zڞɢȨج额bz+^+" j|rب)zXǮ+"+bv{(؞azaj{az)zw^vج!yʋyǢm+"뢺eyrim׫jw]zWz^^&~&j|jnϮ'^.ਢϊƃzVjhybiܩjgz!ߢ{