[RC] calories burned riding--advice - Beth Bliss

You must take in approximately 3500 calories less than the amount needed for you to maintain your current weight to loose 1 pound.  There are formulas out there that include your current weight, sex, and activity level that then give you a maximum daily caloric intake to loose (x) pounds per week.  Generally they recommend 1-2 pounds per week maximum.

I'm going out to ride right now, and I couldn't find the formula quickly, but I will look for it if anyone is interested.  To the body, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

Beth Bliss

 So what DOES one do to lose weight?