RE: [RC] balance!! was posting?? - Jeanie Bartson

Hi all~

This is a good topic for me right now--

My posture is "forward" and since I have been told by a riding instructor that I lean to one side I decided to work on my posture and balance while I wait for the trails to dry & my horse to heal (from a pulled muscle--  Don't know how long that'll take . :-))

In the mean time, I bought one of those 65mm diameter Swiss balance balls upon the advise of Jennifer Sharpe (JS Health & Fitness--  www.sharpefitness.com  )

She suggested using one size larger (chair size- so at 5’3.5” I could have gotten a 75mm ball, but my horse is small) Working on the ball will help the bod to build the balance into the “muscle memory” .

Of course I have seen them used many times by other people at the gym and in TR, but it didn’t occur to me that it might REALLY help ME!  ! now I can sit “on the ball” while I read! <g>

 So far I think it’s a great way to help posture and balance and I’d recommend it for people wanting to strengthen their core and etc.

Has anyone else used these to help with balance?  If so did you notice if it helped in your riding?

Thanks for all the help and comments!

Jeanie B.