Re: [RC] Camping and freezing - Karla Watson

Buy the 70s camper. I have one. Best $400 I spent. Its not really pretty and not really slick but it does the job. It is a big improvement over a tent. I can make food inside, dress standing up, open/close windows, have a porta-potty inside, store tons of stuff, have a lot of privacy and have a table to do stuff on. Mine came with a stove, oven & small frig. Can't find that in a tent! There is no high wind blowing at your tent and its warmer inside an old camper than a tent. It never gets wet inside and I can add a friend or my kids inside for the night. I also took regular house paint and painted the outside of mine to match my truck. And then I painted the whole inside with light colored paint over the DARK wood paneling walls to brighten it up. I hang ride photos all over the walls. Heck, I can do whatever I want to it. I didn't spend much on it at all. No guilt about it getting dirty either.
---------Karla Watson/Oregon
Here are the options:

Give in and buy a 70's vintage, but affordable, camper

Another seaon in tents on the ground, freezing

A truck tent - goes over the bed of the truck, still freezing?

Try camping in the trailer, a three-horse slant - did this years ago at a goat show

Talk nice & get my daughter's husband to haul our travel trailer everywhere we go

Nancy Sturm