[RC] diesel prices and how to look at them. - tracey smith

Good point Heidi...gonna save this one to use on my hubby when he grumps about me going to a ride with high fuel prices.

Of course if it adds $25 to my trip I can always tell him I'll skip shopping at the tack vendor at the ride or won't buy and pictures...and of course he'll know THAT'S a lie!

But honestly I still want to go to rides so I'll find somewhere else to cut back...usually ends up being in my non-horsey wardrobe budget.  Certainly can't cut the riding clothes budget as that is essential right?

Tracey

 always try to look at it in how much extra per trip it will cost me.  An
average endurance ride for me is about 300 miles from home, so figure a
600-mile round trip, with a truck that gets 12 miles to the gallon towing.
That's 50 gallons per outing.  So to put things in perspective, if the fuel
prices go up by 10 cents, that will add $5 to my average ride trip.  If they go
up by 50 cents, that will add $25 to my average ride trip.  And so forth.

Heidi