Re: [RC] posting?? manes?? - SturmRanch

I have an off-track standardbred who came off the track as a pacer.  His pace is really too rough to sit.

My rule for myself has always been to sit the trot (old dressage rider) until there was so much suspension that I couldn't sit, then the horse produced the post with his own impulsion.  I would never post to make a horse trot EXCEPT - isn't there often an exception?- I've discovered that I can get Twist to switch to a trot if I post to the pace.  A couple of trainers were working near where I was schooling him  yesterday and I finally stopped to talk to one gal because she had such a quizzical look on her face.  I asked her what breed she thought he was.  "Well,"  she said,  "I thought he was a quarter horse until I saw him move.  Tennessee Walker?"

Nancy Sturm