[RC] inroduction/diagonal nehance - Mary Carroll

Let's see.  I am assuming this is a serious question Cowboy Ed.  In dressage, it is considered more correct to to rise as the outside shoulder is coming up and the inside hind coming forward.  As the rider rises, there is a small amount of leg aid given...and the horse brings the hind leg under herself/himself more.

When the rider sits, the leg aid is gone.

In competitive dressage rather than classical dressage, there is no rule about riding the correct diagonal in the ring...but the dressage queens will gossip about a rider who does it "wrong".

I told Angie in an email that I "nehance the diagonal" every 1/2 mile or so on the straight.  If curvy trail, I will change my diagonal as if in the arena just to keep ole Woodrow from becoming even more one sided.

Mary (tired of rain, snow and hail)