[RC] divorce and square nail - TARA C ROTHWELL

I just want to thank everyone for all the encouraaging words when I was having my grieving stage of this divorce. I am sure I will revisit that again but for an update....

My horse and I went to square nail (and since I live in the snow we were one of the ones with snow on the vehicle). I was riding my independent, strong willed, horse who is usually is so busy making sure everyone notices him that he never notices me until I mount! Sat. he was so cuddly -didn't want me to leave the trailer and would whinny furiously when I was out of sight. So we had some nice bonding.

Great ride. Too fast for the first 15 or so and he was a handful. So he got to walk for about 30 min! He was wonderful the rest of the day and took good care of me- even jumping the coups instead of having to go through the gates (well, he may have just done that because it made him "first".)

It was a great day. But the best thing is that ever since the ride I have been so happy. Last night I had trouble sleeping because I was so excited about LIFE and LIVING. I see the changes in my kids we are having so much fun together with the stress gone. And I feel like the real me is emerging and it feels so great.......

So thank you for all your words and encouragement. Horses are such great healers aren't they? I always feel so honored that they do what they do for me.......

Tara