[RC] tail rubbing - Stacy Sadar

I have a horse who USED to rub his tail and end up with a bald spot.  Did this over the 10 years or so I've had him.   I had a fecal test...negative.  I tried everything anyone told me to try including almost all the ridecamp remedies.

The only thing that stopped it....I brought him home to my place.  I don't know if it's something where I boarded or if he just wanted to see me 2-4 times a day and rubbing was his way to get me there.  I don't think it was because he was stuck in his stall and did it because he was bored, only because he's had to stay in the stall at home and doesn't do it.  Not sure.  But every time I've ever boarded somewhere, he rubbed.  If I had him at home, he stopped.  I've come to the conclusion that he just wants to be at home....my home.

Stacy