[RC] Cranberry - WHOA! - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dodie Sable dodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am overwhelmed by the number of emails I've received off list and the
comments on list.  Please allow me one more post in defense of my ride story.
I have modified my story to be more "explainative" about those things people
were offended by.

1)  Patti did an excellent job and I would NEVER want to put on a three day
ride like she did.  I have no complaints about the ride or her job managing it.
My comments regarding finishing with no timers, no vets, no volunteers waiting
were that we were in the Twilight Zone.

2)  I thought all the volunteers were great and I complimented several while I
was there on the attentativeness to us in hold.

3)  If working a full time job, running a full time boarding stable, managing
to keep two horses conditioned, being a mom and wife, leaves me too much time
on my hands ... well, I have a huge fan club that has been following my ride
stories for years.  I hate to disappoint them so I stayed up until 1:30 AM
after drive three hours home after my 50 mile ride to write that story for them.

4)  I am working with another woman right now to put on a new ride in the NE in
the fall of 2007.  That was why I used my own experience on Sunday as
experience in what not to do.  I would hate someone at a ride I manage to feel
so let down as we felt when we arrived to an empty base camp.

5)  I enjoyed the ride tremendously.  I was so excited to be riding again after
the winter lay off and I had a blast.  I'm not sure why anyone read that story
and felt I didn't enjoy myself or felt that I was on a different ride from
everyone else.

Thank you all for your criticisms and comments both off list and on list.  I
learned a lot from this sharing experience.

Happy Trails,
Dodie